The “Hour Glass” is a historic house built by Professor O. D. Frank at 8 Lupine Lane in 1934. The west wing was added on circa 1942.
The building now houses the Historical Society of Ogden Dunes’ collections of books, papers, records, artifacts, and paintings & sculpture. In 1992, Sue Mechtersheimer loaned the Society the Hour Glass, to use as a museum for local history and art. The following year, Sue gave the house to the Historical Society. The main floor is used for programs, meetings, and historical exhibits. The ground level houses collections and storage.